Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Beginning

slumdog
Slumdog Millionaire is about an 18 year old orphan who is chosen to play on the hit tv show, Who Wants to be a Millionaire. He knows all the answers to the questions and nobody knows how. Nobody has ever done it before so the host thinks he is cheating so he gets arrested and questioned. The movie is based on the questions he is asked, and flashbacks of his life are the answers. The title itself interested me because I had no idea what a "slumdog" was and more I got to know about it, the more curious I was so I chose it. Once I saw the first ten minutes of the film, I was hooked. The children living on the street, not having a home, family, food or money to survive just took me back. I watched and wondered what that feels like, people in America would have no idea how to handle that but the kids in the movie make it look so easy and natural to them. It's a really sad story but it is a very good movie at the same time.

Sources:
http://www.slamonline.com/online/blogs/omars-gangster-entertainment/2009/03/movie-review-slumdog-millionaire/

No comments:

Post a Comment